(WS = Workspace)
Access Is member of the portal and can be added to WS:s within the portal.
May invite Is member, Access + can invite others to the portal.
Portal admin Is member, can invite and can create Workspaces, create Labels etc.
WS Access Is member of the WS and got access to it.
WS May invite Is WS member + Can invite others to this WS.
WS Admin Is WS member, access to everything within the WS.
File & Folder permissions:
None User does not have access to the object.
Read User can access the object (file or folder), but not update it/upload new version.
Edit Read + User can access and edit/write content to the object.
Can grant others to Read Read + permission to give other users Read & Grant Read permissions to the object.
Can grant others to Edit Read + Edit + grant Read + permission to give other users Edit and Grant Edit permissions to the object.
- File & folder permissions can be set for a user or a (workspace) group.
- To gain access to a file, use this process:
- User is invited to the portal, and accepts it.
- The User is added to a Workspace.
- File/Folder permissions are set to Read or Edit for User.
- A portal admin does not have default access to all workspaces (but he/she can add him/herself as a member of any WS).
- A user with WS access does not have default access to content in the WS, but needs to have some File/Folder permissions set first.
- Objects inherits permissions from the parent folder.
- Inherited permissions can be overridden by setting permissions explicitly for that object.
- Explicitly set permissions overrides inherited permissions (for e.g. if the user is a member of a group, it overrides).