Change sync folder
With this function, you can choose to move the location of your local sync folder to somewhere else.
IMPORTANT! When you move the sync-folder, we recommend choosing a location on the same hard drive as your operating system. The Desktop client won't work correctly if the sync-folder becomes inaccessible, which can happen if it's located on an external drive that gets disconnected. Because of this, we do not recommend the use of external drives as a storage location for the sync-folder. The use of a network drive or a shared drive (accessible to multiple users across multiple machines) as storage location for the sync-folder is not supported.
- Change sync folder
- Start up iCoordinator Desktop app by clicking on the icon, if it is not already started.
- Right click on the icon for iCoordinator Desktop app in the system tray down in the right corner of the screen.
- Click on Change sync folder to choose a new location of your local sync folder.
- In the pop-up window that opens you can navigate and choose the new location of the sync folder. When you are done, you click on Open.
- After a while you will see a message saying that the Desktop client will restart. Click OK in the pop-up window to restart the Desktop client.
- If you want to open the sync folder you can right click on the icon and choose Open iCoordinator folder. Now the sync folder will open. Note that it could take a while until everything is synced again after the move.